The board of directors of the Fund for Investigative Journalism has awarded grants for five investigative projects in its most recent round of funding. The grants will help cover the costs of reporting, such as travel, document fees, and other expenses.
The grant recipients are:
- Jake L. Bittle, a freelance journalist based in Brooklyn.
- Peter Fairley, a freelance journalist focusing on energy and the environment.
- David Lindorff, a Pennsylvania-based reporter.
- Caio Freitas, a Brazilian freelance reporter focused on socio-environmental and human rights stories.
- Caroline Sinders and Michael Isaac Stein, New Orleans-based reporters and researchers.